Monday, April 5, 2010

Figuring Out the Pwoermd Out

Alex Davis has just posted an experiment in pwoermdmaking. Working almost entirely with one core word ("language," appropriately enough), he has used all of the processes I claim are used to create pwoermds. As I looked at my list of methods, I was reminded that I'd forgotten one: metaplasmus, or intentional misspelling, so here's one using "language." It is one of the great, but few pwoermds written by Jonathan Brannen:

laugnage

Be sure to check out what Alex has come up with for the other "figures of pwoermds," at his posting on figurative language.

pw(o'er)md

3 comments:

mostlyferal said...

Geof,

I forgot to mention that your entry for "epenthesis" should likely read 'middle' rather than 'end.'

I hadn't thought about them much before, but some of the recent tmeses are great--with word sections as optional members, seams, or interstices, or even letters themselves.

Also I agree with others on the difficulty of the assertion. In this variety show, it's like the simple, moving song sung after the comedy sketches are over.

Comment captcha: daylagge

Geofhuth said...

Thanks, Alex. I was copying my definitions and emending them, and apparently I forgot to make the change for "epenthesis." It is done now.

Geof

Geofhuth said...

Thanks, Alex. I was copying my definitions and emending them, and apparently I forgot to make the change for "epenthesis." It is done now.

Geof