Saturday, April 4, 2009

pwoermdists

Originally, the word I used for a creator of pwoermds was "pwoermdt," but even I thought that too much a mouthful to continue. Now I call them pwoermdists, which is almost melodious (for a word beginning with pw-).

If you look to the sidebar on the right, you will see links to the work of other pwoermdists, "other" meaning those lucky enough not to be me. Karri Kokko was a participant in last year's InterNaPwoWriMo, but his blog of pwoermds continues to grow ocassionally even though he is not participating in InterNaPwoWriMo II.

Everyone else is writing at least a pwoermd a day for this entire month, and the latest addition was Stephen Nelson, whose "scowords" presents pwoermds in Scots.

Thanks to all the participants this year.

pw(o'er)md

4 comments:

troylloyd said...

i like the term pwoermdist, you're right about the ring, melodious.

i was fantasizing about an online pwoermd database which contain'd all known pwoermds, for reference as well as perusal -- it'd be quite an undertaking & also a behometh compilation, ironic considering the smallness of the form.

thanx for starting this annual pwoermding event, i'm having alotta fun with it.

Geofhuth said...

Troy,

Strangely, the Spidertangle list was fantasizing about exactly this a few weeks ago. The members thought that might be a valuable contribution to society. So maybe something will come of that, but I wouldn't count on it.

Geof

Matthew said...

Well, after a late start last year as well, I'm jumping in mid-race again.

As I say, I'm giving myself until mid-month to write any that aren't quite so gimmicky. We'll see.

Geofhuth said...

Matthew,

Great news. Glad to see you're returning this year. I'll get you on the list.

Geof